In order to ensure an efficient and safe move-in or move-out of the building, please adhere to the following Moving Procedures:
- Please schedule and coordinate all moves with the Property Management Office in advance. Moves must be coordinated after operating hours (before 7:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or on weekends) using only the loading dock entry and freight elevator. As after-hours access of the loading dock and freight elevator is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis, we suggest that requests are submitted four (4) weeks prior to the scheduled move. Please see Freight Elevator / Loading Dock for more information.
- Please submit an original certificate of insurance to the Property Management Office at least five (5) business days prior to your move. Please see Insurance Requirements for requirements including additional insured and coverage limits.
- Please see a list of pre-approved Building Moving Contractors below. We will consider any request to use a Moving Contractor not listed provided you submit such request to the Property Management Office in writing noting the name and contact information of the contractor, confirmation that the move will be performed by union employees only, and an original certificate of insurance meeting the building requirements.
- All moving company personnel must check in with building Security prior to the commencement of the move.
- In order to protect common corridors and your premises, the Property Management Office requires masonite panels to be placed on all floor surfaces and elevator cab floors. In addition, all common corridor corners are to be protected in an appropriate manner.
- After your move, the moving contractor must perform a general clean up leaving the area broom clean and removing all cartons, packing materials, masonite panels, pads, etc. Use of building dumpsters is not permitted.
- Please adhere to any instructions from the building staff to ensure an efficient and safe move.
Pre-approved Building Moving Contractors:
3MD Relocation Services
1915 Janice Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160
Boyer Rosene Moving and Storage
2638 South Clearbrook Drive
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Pickens-Kane Moving & Storage
410 North Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60610
7535 West 59th Street
Summit, IL 60501
Safeguard your critical files and records during the move-in process. Be careful not to leave important papers stacked where they can be mistaken for trash. Place an orange “throw out” sticker on the items to be disposed of by cleaning personnel. These special stickers appear in three languages and are available from the Property Management Office.
As your move-in date approaches, you may schedule your employees to visit your new office to become familiar with their new work surroundings. For safety reasons, schedule these visits after completion of any construction.