The building loading dock is located on the north side of the building on Lower Wacker Drive and can only be accessed from the Lower Wacker Drive east-bound service lane.
Our freight elevator is located along the west corridor of the building and is accessible at the basement level just south of the loading dock entrance. The freight elevator is manually operated by a Freight Operator, which is provided by the Property Management Office.
Regular Business Hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday except for holidays)
In order to ensure prompt and efficient delivery service to all building tenants, users of the loading dock are permitted to occupy dock space for no longer than 30 minutes during normal operating hours. Once loading or unloading is complete, the vehicle must leave the dock area. Parking is not permitted at the loading dock. Use of the freight elevator is limited to 20 minutes per delivery (generally no more than two freight trips).
The Property Management Office requires deliveries of large items that require the use of the freight elevator for more than 20 minutes be scheduled after-hours. This policy also applies to tenant moves.
The freight elevator may be reserved by tenants on a first-come, first-serve basis weekdays before 7:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m., as well as any time on weekends. Please contact the Property Management Office at (312) 726-4260 or email Lisa Solberg at email@example.com to reserve the freight elevator. Please submit freight elevator reservation requests to the Property Management Office no later than 48 hours prior to the reservation date.
A work order request will be generated by the Property Management Office for after-hours freight elevator requests. An hourly charge will apply to cover reimbursement of freight operator costs.
General Requirements and Policy
- All users of the freight elevator must meet insurance requirements of DUS Management, Inc. and provide a certificate of insurance accordingly. Please see Insurance Requirements for details.
- Those persons intending to use the freight elevators to deliver material or to perform work, shall register in advance with the Property Management Office and are required to check in with Security upon entering the building where they must present a photo I.D. and sign in.
- All goods loaded onto the freight elevators must be properly packaged. Loose materials such as sand and cement must be transported in sealed bags.
- All delivery personnel must present a bill of lading showing the name of the tenant or a letter of authorization from the tenant.
- All vehicles must have commercial license plates.
- All vehicles, toolboxes, etc. and their contents are subject to inspection.
- All pallets, boxes, refuse, etc. must be removed from the premises.
- Doors leading to the service elevators must not be propped open.
- Any violators may be removed, denied future access, or result in the vehicle being ticketed or towed.
- Damage caused to the loading dock, freight elevator, tenant, or public areas of the building must be immediately reported to the Property Management Office, and satisfactory arrangements must be made to repair the damage.
- Users of the loading dock are required to leave the area(s) clean (broom swept and wet mopped) and free of debris. Use of the building dumpster for debris removal is not be permitted. If the facilities are not cleaned, the user of the facilities shall be charged for the clean up of these areas.
- Dumpsters may not be placed at the loading dock during normal operating hours and dumpsters may only be placed after hours with the prior authorization of the Property Management Office.